Wednesday, April 15, 2015

what I'm up to


Making something fun. Just playing. Digging in the compacted stash piles. Poking through my ribbons. Opening drawers to see what I have. This idea has lived in my head for a great long while and now it's becoming real. It's changing as I go. I'm always fascinated with the process of bringing an idea to life.

My sketches always seem to have more appeal to me than the final product. Does that happen to you? Maybe it's the potential that makes them so attractive. The final product is never exactly like the sketch or the phantom in my head, but sometimes they are better. Other times just...no. However, it's that over-confident feeling that the end product is going to be fantasmic that keeps me going.


In other news: Spring break was fun. We got away to the beach. This is the girls sharing a drink. Like two angry badgers arm wrestling. Feeling like it's the home stretch on home schooling. 5th and 7th grades almost in the bag. Can I get an ay-men? I'm hoping that this academic year can end earlier than other years. We usually school from September through mid-July but this year is different because we were on the Konos schedule and we've logged a lot more days than we usually have by now. A longer summer than usual...oh what will I do? *throatclearingthatsoundslikeornaments*

8 comments:

  1. Whatever you're making, I'm digging it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! Excited to find out what's cookin! :)

    Completely unrelated but... do your girls fight much? My 2 girls are 6 and 4 and the fighting is RELENTLESS. *sob* Any tips? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catie, I'll reveal it whether it's a FAIL or not. haha. My girls fight. Not sure if it's more than usual. How does one quantify that? I had four sisters and it seems about like what I did. I see sweet families that I know whose children never seem to have a cross word for each other and they make me feel like a failure. But at the same time my two girls play together and laugh together ALL DAY LONG. With that kind of closeness, there's bound to be some sparks! And a lot of their fighting is more like wrestling with lots of laughing. Don't despair! I think their real fighting has tapered off the older they get. I just keep citing the Golden Rule and trying to be fair when I referee. And I also leave them to work a lot of their tiffs out on their own. I think that's also important. And I've seen increasing moments of thoughtfulness and kindness toward each other, so stay strong and press on! This too shall pass. Haha! I love all my grown up sisters so much and I'm blessed to have them.

      Delete
    2. Good advice.
      My daughters used to fight occasionally,
      The golden rule is wonderful. I also remind them that God is watching and He knows that fighting makes moms sad.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for taking the time to respond, Larissa. :) Sometimes it's good to know that other kids fight too. ;o) I hope that as they get older, the fighting becomes less. I think it's hard for the 6yo b/c the 4yo still doesn't "get" a lot of stuff, you know? So the 6yo gets frustrated easily. *sigh* This parenting stuff is tough!

      Delete
  3. What fun,
    I have two girls. They are adults now.
    It is so nice to have something to take along with you to work on.
    I love your creativity

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!