Sunday, December 2, 2012

speaking of not having enough time in December...


I just found this felt bird ornament that was half finished from last year in my stuff. Oops. Remember when I crashed your craft party last December, Robyn? That was fun. The soup! The laughing! The busy makery around your table! Being jealous of your iron! Good times. Good times.

Poor forgotten bird. I'm going to finish sewing him up and get him on the tree. Hmm, he needs some dark blue on his very very red head, doesn't he?


If folks would like to see more of the Christmas crafts I've made over my blogging years, I've rounded them up for you in this aptly named set on flickr. 

7 comments:

  1. Your felt ornaments are most beautimus! (that's a word my aunt has added to the dictionary and is only used in the most endearing way) I like his very very red head, but I'm sure any adjustments you make will be gorgeous. Hope you and your family are enjoying the holiday season so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you, Katie, that's so nice. I do so LOVE to make them. I have about a million in my head and there they stay. Yes, we are having a wonderful season, and I hope you are too. Through some freak happenstance, I am actually ahead of the gifting/decorating game this year. It feels weird. We even baked Christmas cookies the other night in a relaxed manner. And it wasn't even technically December yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with all your felty ornaments. I am sitting here contemplating the ornaments I will make for my kids (I make them a new one each year) and hoping that they will look good enough to post instead of hide away in shame. What can I say? It's tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Christmas party ever! I love that you made a celebrity appearance. ;) Wonder if anyone's taken up the torch this year... Lovely colors on this bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skooks, handmade ornaments are ALWAYS the most charming. Period.
    Chris, thanks!
    Robyn, ha ha yeah you are so funny. I hope someone is continuing your tradition! It's such a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, what a MARVELOUS collection of beauties!! Thank you for sharing and for great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!